GP Online provides a 10 top tips for NQGPs here
GP locums – to do list
- Familiarise yourself form Form A and Form B
- Many find Locum Organiser useful for guidance/diary dates and finances
- Keep an Excel spreadsheet of your in/out finances for your tax.
- Finding work – options include 1. through agencies or 2. liaising directly with Practice Managers.
- Get your paperwork ready – e.g. CV, cover letter, MPS certificate, references or list of referees.
- Ensure you have updated your indemnity.
- Ensure you are up to date on your mandatory training – Level 3 Child Safeguarding and ALS and aware when these certificates will be out of date.